Did you know that sleep is the third pillar of health? Nutrition, exercise, and sleep combined are crucial to healthy living. What is also important to note though, is that sleep is often a forgotten aspect of one's health. In the pursuit of eating right, exercising, and making time to relax, it is sleep that can often fall to the wayside and not truly considered in your wellness routine.
Why is sleep important for health?
Sleep plays a vital role in good health and well-being throughout your life. Getting enough quality sleep benefits your mental health, physical health, and quality of life and safety. Did you know that while you sleep, your body is working to support your brain function and your physical health?
So, what’s the secret to a good night's sleep? Hint: It’ll be music to your ears!
Music is a powerful art form and is often part of our everyday life. But - what about making it part of your every night? Music can aid sleep by helping you feel relaxed and at ease, allowing you to fall asleep quickly and feel more rested.
Tell me more about music therapy!
Music therapy is the clinical use of music to evoke visceral responses that help people heal, emotionally and even physically. Music improves sleep by calming parts of the autonomic nervous system, leading to slower breathing, lower heart rate, and reduced blood pressure.
4 ways music can help you sleep better:
- Music can decrease the time it takes to fall asleep.
- Playing music before bed can improve sleep efficiency, which means more time that you are in bed is actually spent sleeping.
- Improved sleep efficiency = a good night's rest and less waking up in the middle of the night.
- Listening to music releases stress and puts people at ease.
- Physical responses to music are effective in reducing both acute and chronic physical pain.
So, when you want to quiet your mind and unwind - hit the ‘play’ button for free-flowing instrumental tracks. We guarantee instant Zzz.
What’s also the secret to better sleep? Soft organically-grown bamboo on your skin. Shop Sleepwear.